Friday 2 January 2015

Popularity

"My friends and I have started partying a lot recently and since then they've been acting differently with me because they think they're popular. What should I do?"

I don't like the word popular, especially when it's used in this context. In schools, people are 'popular' because they hang around with a lot of people, go to parties and think they're cool. They think everybody loves them when in fact, everybody hates them (Had to put some Mean Girls in there). Popular people don't really have many close friends even though they know a large amount of people. Personally, I don't care about being popular. I'd rather hang out with the 'weird' people because they're a lot nicer and I know I will have true friends.
 
I've been in this situation before. Some of my old friends have become 'popular' but I don't really mind. I knew they always wanted to be in that group of people so it didn't come as a shock to me. Also, I still had a few other friends to talk to.
 
I think if you're really good friends with these people you should try and keep the friendship you had.
  • Talk to them. I say this a lot to people, but they may not even realise what they're doing and how it's making you feel.
  • If it carries on start to distance yourself from them. If they aren't acting like the friends you knew before, it is likely they will move on. You don't want to be left behind.
  • Try and find some new friends. If the friendship you have now ends, it's always best to know there's other people there.
If you can keep the friendship you have now, that's great. If not, just remember there are other people you can be friends with. People grow apart and move on, that's just a part of life.
 
************
So, my first real blog post! I really hope you liked it.
I decided to post early so you could all see what my posts will be like (I was also bored).
Leave a comment below telling me what advice you would give.
If you want advice on something, email me / comment that below too.
 
See you on Monday!
 
Jasmine x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Look if you don't like what they are doing or the way they are treating you tell them. Plus it won't hurt to be their haul with your friends. Remember there is someone out there who loves you and maybe those friends aren't right for you. P.s I saw ur tweet so I thought I make you feel better๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. High school isn't forever. No one will remember the "popular kids" when it's all over. I graduated 2 years ago and trust me, everyone forgets the crowds.
    If they don't treat you well, don't hang with them, they're not worth it! I had the same problem in high school, and I lost a lot of friends because of it. But you live and you learn right?

    Hope you have a fab day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good blogpost <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice, I agree totally with what you have said! At our school if you're not 'popular' you aren't worth it, but idc cos I have true friends(:

    http://makeupbeautyandlifefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! In the end It doesn't really matter :)

      Delete
  5. Your blog posts are so relatable!! I have a blog but don't feel obliged to look at it blogenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEALTHY GREENS HERBAL SOUPS
    Healthy Hello to All,

    Healthy Greens Herbal soup is our uniquely formulated and prepared freshly every day with 20 rare live green leaves, vegetables, flowers & herbs. By consuming 200ml of Healthy Greens Herbal soup every day makes you really young and disease free. It cures all of your illness and disease, but it is not a medicine. It is a richest form of liquid food.

    What happens if you consume HGHS daily?

    First it will improve your immune system and rejuvenates the cells, purifies the blood and cleanses the blood vessels, strengthens the nervous systems, it gives life current and you gets enormous energy for your body and mind.

    In a few days/weeks of consuming HGHS you will find a new glow in your face &
    skin. Following this, it starts to cure all of your diseases one by one and recovers your health.

    What are the health benefits & Diseases cured by HGHS?

    • Infertility • Skin allergies
    • Impotence • Arthritis
    • Erectile dysfunction • Memory Power
    • Menstrual cycle • Kidney stone
    • Nervous weakness • Ulcer
    • Anxiety & Depression • Migraine
    • Diabetics • Hair Loss
    • Blood Pressure • Thyroid
    • Asthma • Ear & Eye Problem
    • Cold & Cough • Heart Related Issues

    The above said diseases and other alignments also be cured depends on the age
    and response of the body.

    INGREDIENTS:
    Vallarai, Siru, Aari,Thuthuvelai, Agathi, Karasalankanni, Nachukottai, Neer Aarai, Modakathan, Ponnankanni, Thamarai thandu, Flowers of Murungai , Kathari , Vendai, Avarai, Avaram . Sprouted greens of Pachapayiru, Moongdhaal, Seeds of Melon and Cucumber and other rare Indian herbs.

    NOTE:

    We are preparing HGHS everyday with fresh greens & herbs in a very hygienic way.
    We never use any kind of preservatives/chemicals/artificial colourings.
    We strongly recommend our client to take 200ml of HGHS daily to see the magical benefits.
    We sure that there is no harm and no side effects in taking HGHS. As we said it is not a medicine, it is a rich form of liquid food with 20 combinations of well-known and rare herbs.


    We serve fresh & live herbal soup in Chennai only . The same herbal combinations will be given in powder form for other region people (Worldwide delivery)
    To order : +91 9941902699(whatsapp) Mail id: healthygreens2015@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete